Taking is slow and keeping it simple......

Monday, October 29, 2007

Starting Point




Weight: 266
Ht: 5' 9"

At my heaviest I weighed 356. I lost the 100 pounds when I went organic. With my health issues the "doctors" told me to loose weight and it would help a great deal. I had tried really hard to loose the weight, but my health problems are what caused me to gain in the first place....and nothing was working. All my life I was between 135 and 145. Really thin for my height. Then when I went organic, and didn't change anything else, I dropped 18 pounds right away. I was sold that organic was the way to go. It just naturally came off little by little. This is over 5-7 years. The first time I went raw it was only for 2 weeks, but I felt great and lost 11 pounds. I wish I would have stayed, but I just went cold turkey and I think it was to much to fast. This is why I will take my time this time around. I need to try and be mostly raw vegan and work on learning raw preparation, and receipts. It became really boring to just eat raw fruits and veg just they way they grow with out the recipe knowledge. Don't get me wrong, I love them the way they come. God made them perfect in their own wrappers. However, it is nice to have other choices. I need to take the time to find craving substitutes. I can't expect to follow the diet perfectly after eating dead food all my life.

What I had today:
1 banana
1 avocado
A couple of almonds
1/2 banana

Dinner was cooked:
Vegan white bean and sweet potato veggie soup. Yum! Very satisfying during my slow transition.

No comments: