Taking is slow and keeping it simple......

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thumb Print Cookie Recipe

Sorry I don't know the exact measurements. I really don't keep track of the amounts when I'm making food. I make food more by the consistency and how it looks. So it really just depends on how big of a batch you want to make.

The Cookie

In my VitaMix:
Ground up Pecans. Pretty fine put not a flour.
Separate batch of Pecans just chopped in my VitaMix.

Mix the ground Pecans with 4 Bananas until it was about the consistency of a loose paste.
Then I added the chopped Pecans.

You want it to be the consistency of a firm, moist paste, that will hold its shape.
Then you use your thumb to make a dent in the middle. It helps if you wet your thumb in between each dent.

Place in the dehydrator until they are the firmness you want.

The Filling
Should be the consistency of a very thick chocolate syrup.

Very Simple Raspberry Filling
Fresh Raspberry (or any berry or fruit you want)
Agave Nectar

Very Simple Lemon Filling
Lemon Juice or the whole fruit. (I used the whole fruit)
Agave Nectar
Coconut Butter

Cacao Pudding Filling
Cacao
Avocado or Soft Coconut Meat
Agave Nectar
Pinch of Sea Salt

*If you rather have a more liquid cacao filling you can skip the Avocado or Coconut Meat.

2 comments:

Prisstopolis said...

Hello BECOMING RAW VEGAN,

I found your blog through RawFu. This cookie recipe knocks my socks off. I'm going to experiment with other thumbprint cookie flavors.

becoming whole said...

Thanks! Glad you found me. You'll have to let me know how your new flavors come out.

I bet Coconut with coconut meat, shaved coconut and agave would be yummy. Also if you added Cacao to that it might have a Almond Joy type flavor. That sounds yummy!

Or Banana with a walnut topper would give it a Banana nut bread flavor. Yum!