Taking is slow and keeping it simple......

Thursday, July 31, 2008

WHERE HAVE I BEEN? I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING...

I went 100% raw for about 2 weeks. I started feeling really, really sick. Just the thought of raw food made me feel ill. I got really discouraged and went off raw. When I moved away from raw, I naturally moved away from this blog. I have Polycyctic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Type 2 Diabetes. I really believe that if I can become 100% raw for more then a few months, that these conditions will start to go away completely. So, when I felt really sick after being raw for 2 weeks, I really went into a depression. I felt like all hope was gone. Raw was my answer and I couldn't do raw. I was so depressed. The feeling of discouragement, I'm sure, was not helped at all by going back to a SAD diet.

So, now lots of time has passed and my head is clear. I was just doing to much to fast. If my body is sick enough to have PCOS and Diabetes, then going 100% raw cold turkey was going to flush to much out to fast and my hormones and blood sugar levels where going to flip out for a while. I need to take it slow. That is a saying of mine, so it is time I listen to myself. Take it slow....

I'm now working my way back to raw. This time I will take it slow. On Monday I started the Colon Cleanse from blessedherbs.com . I need to "make way" for all the toxins that will be leaving me as I become raw. I am on day 4 today. I did 3 days where I reduce my food intake and take the herbs. Now, today started the no food, with herbs, apple juice and water for 5 days. I am not hungry at all. You take the mixture 5 times a day and it really gives you a since of being full.

This time around I have to remind myself to be patient, and to be proud of myself for simply being on my way.

No comments: